Reports To: Store Manager or Assistant Manager
The cashier’s role is to ensure that each and every customer is served in a friendly, professional, and timely manner. This includes greeting customers as they enter the store, processing customer payments through the POS system, and resolve customer issues.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
– Knowledge of details of every drink on the menu.
– Greet all customers in a friendly and welcoming manner.
– Record customer payments into the POS System, ensuring each and every request is fully and accurately entered.
– Give receipt to customers, either paper or electronically.
– Identify customer issues/complaints and take necessary steps to correct them and inform a manager.
– Perform returns and special transactions through the POS System.
– Keep the “register station” stocked with all necessary items.
– Clean and organize the “customer isle” when necessary.
– Notify management of all customer and POS System issues.
– Consistently maintain a balanced drawer.
– Count cash at the beginning of each shift and ensure that sufficient change is available.
– Answer phone calls. Take reservations by phone and in person. Ensure that tea makers are aware of orders placed.
– Ascertain that inventory of supplies such as condiments, napkins and food items updated on a constant basis.
– Assist other staff members with seating when necessary.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Manage records created and received in compliance with Pearl Lady’s Records Management Policy and Procedures.
– Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of Pearl Lady’s Safety and Security Plan.
– Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to Pearl Lady’s Environmental Policy, relevant Safety and Security Procedures, Emergency Management Plan and all Pearl Lady Policies.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
General math skills, verbal communication, customer service oriented, resolving conflict, teamwork, persistence, high energy level, attentive to customer needs, thoroughness, professionalism and client relations.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
This job does not require specific software knowledge and skills. But a general familiarity with Windows PCs, Android devices, and iPads is desirable. This “familiarity” is defined as being able to operate such devices to perform certain tasks.
POS System (Training will be provided).
Training and/or Education:
High School Diploma or above.
One year in customer service. Cashier experiences preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
Food Handling Certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Able to work in a standing position for long periods
– Able to reach and bend
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties will require working weekends and Holidays.
This job description summarizes the essential duties required for this position but in no way is inclusive of all duties. Other related duties may be assigned as needed by department head or supervisor. All changes must be requested through the Human Resources Department.
You also can download this Cashier – Job Description Here