Position: Assistant Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
The assistant manager is responsible for providing operational services in the store. The assistant manager provides necessary directions to other members of staff through daily tasks and ensures they perform their assigned duties in accordance to the store.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
• Knowledge of details of every drink on the menu.
• Greet all customers in a friendly and welcoming manner.
• Provide required training to other members of staff, both new recruits and existing staff members.
• Listen to inquiries and complaints of customers and assist if necessary.
• Resolve any issues or disagreement among members of staff and between members of staff and customers.
• Cover up for any member of staff that is unavoidably absent from his/her duty.
• Assist customers with the menu system when needed.
• Assist with refilling equipment in the store (straw, napkins, etc.).
• Assist with scheduling staff when necessary.
• Assist with paperwork as necessary.
• Ensure staff follow all sanitary standards of operations.
• Assist Cashier, Tea Maker, and other staff when necessary.
• Work with the store Manager in promoting the business ideals and goals of the restaurant.
• On hand to direct, correct, and assist the activities of staff to get the job completed.
• Provide disciplinary actions to staff if required.
• Work with the store Manager and staff to ensure provisions of top quality customer service.
• Other duties as assigned by the store Manager.
• Manage records created and received in compliance with Pearl Lady Records Management Policy and Procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of Pearl Lady’s Safety and Security Plan.
• Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to Pearl Lady’s Environmental Policy, relevant Safety and Security Procedures, Emergency Management Plan and all Pear Lady Policies.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
Ability to think fast regarding work-related problems and come up with immediate solutions. Ability to remain composed even under strong pressure. Possess sound communication skills, both in written and verbal forms. Ability to multi-tasking.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions:
This job does not require specific software knowledge and skills. But a general familiarity with Windows PCs, Android devices, and iPads is desirable. This “familiarity” is defined as being able to operate such devices to perform certain tasks.
General familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook.
POS System (Training will be provided).
Training and/or Education:
Associates degree in Management or related field preferred.
3 years in Customer Service and/or Management
Licenses or Certificates:
Food Handling Certificate
Food Handlers Card, Self-Serve Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to work in a standing position for long periods
• Able to reach and bend
• Frequently lift up to 30 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties will require working weekends and Holidays.
This job description summarizes the essential duties required for this position but in no way is inclusive of all duties. Other related duties may be assigned as needed by department head or supervisor. All changes must be requested through the Human Resources Department.
You also can download this Assistant Manager- Job Description Here